How to overcome obsessive attention-seeking and separation anxiety with your dog
There’s a common mistake that we make with our dogs and it involves attention seeking behaviors and separation anxiety!
Come along on this episode and listen in to a question and answer session Kathy hosted with her Brilliant Partners Academy members!
“Like us, our dogs want to be heard and understood. When your dog is seeking attention, pause for a moment and truly listen to and connect with your dog”
Kathy covers obsessive attention-seeking behaviors, and what to do when you have a hard time leaving your dog when you go away!
In This Episode
- Fully integrating your dog into the family
- Connecting deeply to create a better relationship
- Redirection creates more problems than it solves
- Pacifiers are not substitutes for true belonging
- Leaving to go on vacation, and avoiding separation anxiety
- Learning to become the future you
- The golden cord that connects you and your dog
“Your dog needs to feel like a loved and valued member of the family”
“When your dog is seeking attention, pause for a moment and truly listen to and connect with your dog”
“Like us, our dogs want to be heard and understood”
“Separation anxiety is always a two-way behavior challenge between the human and the dog”
Love this and want more?
Subscribe to the podcast in your favorite app … and your rating and review would be most awesome!
Show notes: www.dhearts.meltdesigndev.co.uk