Calm your stir crazy dog and have a better partnership as a result!
In this episode, Kathy explains how being trapped in the house because of extreme winter or summer can strengthen the bond between you and your dog … even if your dog is going stir crazy!
It is also the perfect teaching opportunity to work with your dogs’ impulse control. What does this mean? It means taking a mindful and calm attentive responsiveness to our relationships with our dogs. Being locked up with your dog is actually a great opportunity!
Your dog can learn how to let you, their partner:
- Calm them
- Mindful action eases the crazy way theyŕe feeling
- We can develop reading our dogs better and influencing them from our observations
Listen to this episode to learn four useful things to work on with your stir crazy dog while you’re confined to the house due to weather.
In This Episode
- Kathy gives a quick rundown about believing that dogs naturally want to contribute to their family unit. (Because of social intelligence)
- If you or your dog are overwhelmed, we can’t learn or focus on anything least of all our intention.
- High arousal activities that your dog displays with or without you should be limited to fifteen percent of each day.
- Spending time ‘just being’ with you is a really useful tool for your dog to have.
“I believe that our dogs connect us to the heart and soul of what really matters in life.”
“Being stuck inside is a great time to practice impulse control and build a better partnership.”
“Being confined indoors with our dogs is a great opportunity to practice being calm, clear, and relaxed.”
“We affect our dogs by our emotions and intentions.”
Love this and want more?
Subscribe to the podcast in your favorite app … and your rating and review would be most awesome!
Sign up for the next Brilliant Partners workshop:
Show notes: www.dhearts.meltdesigndev.co.uk