Have you ever wondered what your dog is trying to tell you?
Here’s a hint – since your dog can’t talk it out, they act it out. Dogs use body language like ear and eye position, body posture, facial expressions, and movement, to communicate with you. But, do you know how to listen to your dog?
Just because dogs can’t speak our language, doesn’t mean that we can’t learn theirs. Kathy is somewhat of a ‘dog whisperer,’ and uses her dog’s behavior as cues of communication. But she doesn’t want to keep all of this knowledge to herself!
In this episode of Enlightened By Dogs, Kathy reveals why it’s so important to understand your dog’s behavior if you want to build a trusting, harmonious, and deeply connected relationship with your dog.
If you want to understand your dog’s behavior better, this eye-opening episode will help you decipher what your dog is trying to tell you so that you can become a great partner for and with your dog.
In This Episode:
- Why so-called “bad behavior” is really a cry for help
- How to spot tell-tale signs that your dog is feeling uncomfortable, fearful, or stressed
- Why you need to learn to listen to your dog’s whispers before they become screams
- How to resolve your dog’s “behavioral issues” and deepen the bond between you both
Links & Mentions from this episode:
- EBD036 What Is The Best Approach to Rehab a Reactive Dog
- EBD048 Safe, Calm, and Happy – A Stress Reset
“Since dogs can’t talk it out, they act it out.”
“Instead of calling it ‘bad behavior,’ look at it as a cry for help.”
“Listen to the whispers. Believe your dog when he’s communicating that he’s uncomfortable and doesn’t feel safe, calm, and happy.”
Love this and want more?
Subscribe to the Enlightened By Dogs podcast in your favorite app! Don’t forget to leave us a rating and review – it would make Kathy and all of her four-legged friends very happy!
Kathy is offering a big “thank you” for rating and reviewing the show on Apple Podcasts!
Connect on Facebook: facebook.com/dancinghearts/