What should you do when your dog won’t listen to a word you say?
It can be really frustrating when your dog seems to have developed selective hearing, but (believe it or not) your dog isn’t ignoring you on purpose!
That’s one of the great things about dogs. They aren’t spiteful or vengeful beings. They don’t go out of their way to ignore you. So, what should you do when your dog won’t listen?
On this episode of Enlightened By Dogs, Kathy reveals how you can develop a closer bond with your dog and reveals what you need to do to change your story from ‘my dog won’t listen’ to my dog loves to listen!
In this episode:
- The real reason why your dog won’t listen to you
- Why you need to reframe your thinking to help develop a deeper understanding about your dog
- Why you need to learn to listen to your dog
- The importance of making sure your dog’s needs are met
- How to be a better role model for your dog
- Why you need to pay attention to how you interact with your dog
- How to develop a deeper bond with your dog so that they start to listen to you more
“Our dogs are communicating their desire for what they want and what they mean.”
“We can teach them how to communicate by listening in a different way.”
“If we’re going to step into our role as a guide and role model, then we’ve got to figure out a different way to be in the moment.”
“We want to strive for connection instead of correction.”
Love this and want more?
Subscribe to the Enlightened By Dogs podcast in your favorite app! Don’t forget to leave us a rating and review – it would make Kathy and all of her four-legged friends very happy!
Kathy is offering a big “thank you” for rating and reviewing the show on Apple Podcasts!
Connect on Facebook: facebook.com/dancinghearts/