What should you do when your dog refuses to listen?
You tell them to come to you, they run in the opposite direction. You ask them to stop barking, and they bark louder. You ask them to get off the couch, and they snuggle into it some more. You get the idea.
Sometimes, it feels like our dogs are rebellious on purpose. They flat out refuse to listen, and you’re left wondering if they go out of their way to make your life harder. When your dog refuses to listen to you, what should you do about it?
In this episode of Enlightened By Dogs, Kathy shares a segment from a coaching call she did with members of the Brilliant Partners Academy. It was such a great lesson on what you can do when your dog gives you a hard time and how to reconnect with your dog when they just won’t listen to you. Enjoy!
In this episode:
- Hear from a member of the BPA who has a dog who has changed their behavior recently
- Why you need to change your perspective as a dog mom when things don’t go as planned
- Why your dog’s “misbehavior” is their way of trying to communicate with you
- What to do if your dog doesn’t like the leash
- Tips to help improve your walking partners dance
“My dog is not giving me a hard time, my dog is having a hard time”
“The leash is what you make it to mean”
“Walking on a leash is a learned skill that requires a high level of impulse control from both parties”
Love this and want more?
Subscribe to the Enlightened By Dogs podcast in your favorite app! Don’t forget to leave us a rating and review – it would make Kathy and all of her four-legged friends very happy!
Connect on Facebook: facebook.com/dancinghearts/