Being a loving and conscious dog mom isn’t always easy. Yes, you love your dog so much and you want to be the best dog parent you can be. However, sometimes it’s hard to remain patient and mindful when your dog seems to be doing everything but what you asked them to do.
When this happens, Kathy suggests trying your best to step back into the role of a mindful dog mom. It’s tough, but you can do it! In this episode of Enlightened By Dogs, Kathy shares 13 mindful dog parenting partnership principles plus 8 life-changing behavior tips to help you become a more mindful dog mom.
Does that sound good? If so, grab your headphones, take notes, and get ready for some life-changing tips that will bring you even closer to your wonderful dog.
In this episode:
- The 13 principles of mindful dog parenting
- Why it’s important to speak to your dog in a respectful way
- Why you shouldn’t compare your dog to other dogs
- The importance of having empathy as a mindful dog mom
- Why dogs thrive when they have a job
“Be responsible for your own mindset and actions. Develop awareness of yourself first.”
“If you develop awareness of your own responses and your own reactions, you’ll soon be able to choose empathy and compassion when your dog really needs it.”
“Truly embrace the principle that your dog is not giving you have a hard time, they are having a hard time.”
200th Episode Celebration Giveaway Drawing!
Leave a rating and review on Apple Podcast app for a chance to win a custom commissioned portrait of your dog!
I thought it would be fun to celebrate this 200th episode with this push to spread the word, along with a little contest that will also celebrate YOU and YOUR DOG!!
Here’s the plan: we’ll do a random draw, and the winner will receive a custom commissioned portrait of their dog by the intuitive artist, certified DH partnership coach, and brilliant dog mom: Marianne Magin of New York, US.
Image: portrait of my Dylan, painted by Marianne. 💖
Here’s what you need to do to get in on the draw:
- OUR BIG GOAL: 350 Reviews on the Apple Podcast (iTunes) app!!
- Leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts app…and:
- Share at least one EBD episode on the social platform of your choice.
- When you’re finished go to the entry form and fill out the details about your review and share … and I hope that YOU will be the winner! There is only one winner – but the odds are high!!
- Submissions end on March 31, 2022, and the drawing will be done on April 2, 2022.
- CLICK HERE to open EBD in Apple Podcast app to leave your review
- Once you post your review, enter the drawing at: dancinghearts.link/review
- If you don’t have an Apple product to leave a rating/review you can still enter! Simply borrow one from your friend! You know someone that has an iPhone! Just open the Podcast app, search for “Enlightened by Dogs”, tap on the Show, scroll down and enter your rating and review!
Love this and want more?
Subscribe to the Enlightened By Dogs podcast in your favorite app! Don’t forget to leave us a rating and review – it would make Kathy and all of her four-legged friends very happy!
Connect on Facebook: facebook.com/dancinghearts/