In this episode of Enlightened by Dogs, Kathy talks about lifestyle choices, agency, responsibility, and freedom. She also shares some real-life examples of how this looks in real-life situations, with real dogs.
For some dog moms, it could be their badge of honor to have a well-trained, obedient dog that always listens to what they’re told. But for Kathy, her badge of honor is that her dogs choose to be attentive, responsive, and responsible and that they trust her to be their guide in any situation.
Also, Kathy emphasizes the importance of being clear on your “why’s,” explains in detail the little steps to connect, observe, and decide, and dives into the concept of “ask, don’t ask, and prepare for the ask.”
So to learn more about the framework of giving your dogs real-life choices that lead to a life of cooperation, tune in to this episode!
In this episode:
- Having attentive, responsive, and responsible dogs through living a partnership lifestyle
- The importance of being clear on your “why”
- The series of little steps: connect, observe, and decide
- Ask, don’t ask, and prepare for the ask
We can have attentive, responsive, and responsible dogs by living a partnership lifestyle.
My badge of honor is that my dogs choose to be attentive, responsive, and responsible and that they trust me to be their guide in any situation.
This principle of choice, responsibility, and freedom is good for anyone who wants to live an enlightened and connected life with their dogs.
What leads us to be able to create more cooperation is to give our dogs that feeling of being in control, that feeling of agency, that feeling of freedom – and that leads them to more responsibility.
LOVE TO LEARN MORE?
Become a calm and confident Dog Mom with a cooperative, happy dog … without obedience training, or relying on treats or arousing games, or corrections of any type.
Here are some next steps:
- GET STARTED – Work with Kathy:
- SUBSCRIBE to Kathy’s YouTube Channel:
- LISTEN or READ Kathy’s Podcast and Blog on her Website:
- LET’S CONNECT on the socials for more partnership tips:
- LISTEN TO PODCASTS:
Subscribe to the Enlightened By Dogs podcast in your favorite app! Don’t forget to leave us a rating and review – it would make Kathy very happy!
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts | Listen on Spotify