A shift in perspective and letting go of the need to control the process turned a negative situation into a positive one … and a difficult dog into a brilliant partner
Do you have a difficult dog in your life? The kind of dog that seems to march to the beat of their own drum? That was the case with Anya and Zoe when they first began their journey together.
Zoe had a habit of running off to find fun and follow her hunting instincts, leaving Anya to worry about where she was for hours! At first, Anya wasn’t very pleased with this kind of behavior from her dog, but after a few shifts in perspective, a little growth, and a plan, Anya and Zoe quickly became the Brilliant Partners that we fans of the podcast love and celebrate!
Tune in to this week’s episode of Enlightened by Dogs as Kathy and Anya discuss the process of taking Zoe from difficult dog to a brilliant partner!
In This Episode:
- How Anya and Zoe began their blessed partnership together, and why it may not have felt like a blessing at first.
- Embarking on a journey to “fix” Zoe and her habit of running off.
- A shift in perspective and letting go of the need to control the process turned a negative situation into a positive one and a difficult dog into a brilliant partner!
- What if “problems” are actually gifts?
- If your dog wouldn’t be here tomorrow, would you worry so much about the same things you do today?
- The amazing transformation that happened when Anya started to truly listen to Zoe.
- The lead is an amazing metaphor for connection with your dog, and one that should be thoroughly explored and experienced!
- Having a difficult dog and rising to the occasion can have a massive positive impact in other areas of your life as well!
- Tips to turning your perspective around where your difficult dog is concerned!
“She has helped me in so many unexpected ways”
“At the beginning it didn’t feel like it was helping at all. It just felt like a huge problem”
“I’ve given up trying to fix her”
“Our walks have become absolutely beautiful with the lead”
“Just appreciating the things that you already have, that is going to make them grow”
“It’s through our dogs that we can develop and improve ourselves”
“Dogs have so much to teach us about being present”
“They mirror us so much”
“We have to let it seep into our consciousness and just observe how powerful that can be”
Anya with her beloved Zoe
Love this and want more?
Subscribe to the podcast in your favorite app … and your rating and review would be most awesome!
Connect on Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/dancinghearts/