In this episode of Enlightened by Dogs, Kathy Kawalec delves into the concept of understanding our dogs’ behavior as communication, helping us to move away from frustration. She teaches us how to reframe our thoughts and reactions to our dogs when they don’t seem to listen, and to see their actions as an unmet need rather than defiance.
Kathy emphasizes the importance of connecting with our dogs on a deeper level by stepping into their paws and meeting them where they are. This episode offers valuable insights on how to create a stronger bond with our dogs and help them feel valued, loved, and understood, ultimately leading to a more attentive and responsive relationship.
- Reframe your thoughts and see your dog’s behavior as communication of an unmet need.
- Connect with your dog on a deeper level and strive for connection instead of correction.
- Guide and role model your dog by being clear, patient, and engaging in a heart-to-heart connection.
“Behavior is communication, so we want to look underneath the surface for a deeper understanding of what’s really behind our dog’s behavior.” – Kathy Kawalec
“Let’s create a world where our dogs feel loved, valued, and like they truly belong in our family.” – Kathy Kawalec
“Instead of frustration, adopt the mindset of: Let’s figure this out together. Let’s break it down, and take one small step at a time.” – Kathy Kawalec
LOVE TO LEARN MORE?
Become a calm and confident Dog Mom with a cooperative, happy dog … without obedience training, relying on treats or arousing games, or corrections of any type.
Here are some next steps:
- GET STARTED – Work with Kathy:
- SUBSCRIBE to Kathy’s YouTube Channel:
- LISTEN or READ Kathy’s Podcast and Blog on her Website:
- LET’S CONNECT on the socials for more partnership tips:
- LISTEN TO PODCASTS:
Subscribe to the Enlightened By Dogs podcast in your favorite app! Don’t forget to leave us a rating and review – it would make Kathy very happy!
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts | Listen on Spotify