In this episode of the “Enlightened by Dogs” podcast, Kathy sheds light on what might be keeping us from having that trusting, heart-to-heart connection with our dogs. Often, without realizing it, we may be building walls between ourselves and our dogs, in spite of our true intentions.
Being stuck in our heads, worrying, or fearing mistakes can hinder the genuine connection that we crave. Kathy emphasizes the importance of being present, avoiding the busy-ness trap, and understanding our unintentional addiction to drama. Inspired by insights from her Brilliant Partners Academy, Kathy shares stories of dog moms who discovered the magic that unfolds when they shift their focus from overthinking to being present and open-hearted.
Listen in as Kathy urges us to re-evaluate our habits, breathe through challenges, and embrace the true essence of partnership with our dogs.
- Building a heart-to-heart connection with our dogs often begins by fostering a similar connection with ourselves.
- Our own habits, including overthinking, excessive worrying, and keeping ourselves and our dogs too busy, can prevent deeper bonding.
- By recognizing and adjusting these patterns, we can pave the way for a more harmonious, cooperative relationship with our dogs.
- Focusing on heart-to-heart connections and embracing a “safe, calm, and happy” lifestyle leads to transformative relationships with our dogs.
“If we’re stuck in our head, trying hard to not make a mistake, we’re building a wall between us and our dog instead of being connected heart-to-heart in the moment.”
“As dog moms, we can get caught up in trying so hard to ‘do it right’. All this overthinking creates unnecessary drama, taking us away from connecting with our dogs when they need us most.”
“We often overthink, striving for perfection as dog moms. Yet, what a dog most needs is to feel connected, to feel like they belong, to be heard. It’s not about getting everything right but about being present and open-hearted.”
“When you’re obsessing over the ‘right’ way to be a good dog mom, I want you to breathe through that discomfort. Then decide: I’m going to quiet my mind, open my heart, and connect with my dog.”
“When the focus becomes solely about doing things ‘right,’ it’s easy to overlook the genuine moments of heart connection that we really want.”
LOVE TO LEARN MORE?
Become a calm and confident Dog Mom with a cooperative, happy dog … without obedience training, relying on treats or arousing games, or corrections of any type.
Here are some next steps:
- GET STARTED – Work with Kathy:
- SUBSCRIBE to Kathy’s YouTube Channel:
- LISTEN or READ Kathy’s Podcast and Blog on her Website:
- LET’S CONNECT on the socials for more partnership tips:
- LISTEN TO PODCASTS:
Subscribe to the Enlightened By Dogs podcast in your favorite app! Don’t forget to leave us a rating and review – it would make Kathy very happy!
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts | Listen on Spotify