In this episode of the “Enlightened by Dogs” podcast, Kathy sheds light on what might be keeping us from having that trusting, heart-to-heart connection with our dogs. Often, without realizing it, we may be building walls between ourselves and our dogs, in spite of our true intentions.
Being stuck in our heads, worrying, or fearing mistakes can hinder the genuine connection that we crave. Kathy emphasizes the importance of being present, avoiding the busy-ness trap, and understanding our unintentional addiction to drama. Inspired by insights from her Brilliant Partners Academy, Kathy shares stories of dog moms who discovered the magic that unfolds when they shift their focus from overthinking to being present and open-hearted.
Listen in as Kathy urges us to re-evaluate our habits, breathe through challenges, and embrace the true essence of partnership with our dogs.
- Granting dogs the freedom of choice enhances trust and cooperation in the relationship.
- Stepping into a professional, no-drama role helps our dogs feel secure and supported.
- Recognizing and valuing the micro-moments of consent can have profound effects on our bond with our dogs.
“Allowing our dogs the freedom and agency to give consent helps foster a deep trust and willing cooperation.”
“It’s the intention of listening that matters. Showing our dogs that we truly hear them is what creates the level of trust needed for our dogs to give their consent.”
“Those little moments where I allow my dog the freedom to give her consent are why she’s so cooperative. It’s my intention she responds to more than anything.”
LOVE TO LEARN MORE?
Become a calm and confident Dog Mom with a cooperative, happy dog … without obedience training, relying on treats or arousing games, or corrections of any type.
Here are some next steps:
- GET STARTED – Work with Kathy:
- SUBSCRIBE to Kathy’s YouTube Channel:
- LISTEN or READ Kathy’s Podcast and Blog on her Website:
- LET’S CONNECT on the socials for more partnership tips:
- LISTEN TO PODCASTS:
Subscribe to the Enlightened By Dogs podcast in your favorite app! Don’t forget to leave us a rating and review – it would make Kathy very happy!
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts | Listen on Spotify