In this episode, Kathy explores the profound connection between our thoughts, feelings, and actions and the way they shape our lives with our dogs. We’re delving into how powerful our minds really are and how we can better utilize our brains to help us.
Our old ‘Lizzie’ brain often throws us off course, highlighting the hurdles and tough bits, convincing us to stick to the status quo, even when our hearts are yearning for change. Kathy encourages us to tap into our executive thinking brain to break through this resistance and to set our imaginative brains to work to discover ways to experience safe, calm, joyful, and enriching lives with our dogs.
In this heartfelt conversation, Kathy assists dog moms in recognizing the significant effects of synchronizing their thoughts and actions to nurture a more cooperative and trust-filled bond with their dogs.
- You have the power to assign a particular executive task to your executive brain, and then follow through on the ideas that come out of that.
- Your primitive brain does not design your life. Your primitive brain keeps your life exactly the same.
- Overcoming the resistance of the primitive brain and employing executive thinking can help in creating a cooperative partnership with our dogs.
“Your ‘Lizzie’ brain won’t help you design your brilliant partnership with your dog, it works to keep your life exactly the same, even if it sucks. Which brain are you going to listen to?”
“We want to pose questions that are aligned with our vision of a dream life with our dogs, allowing our creative brain to assist in bringing this vision to reality.”
“You have the power to follow through on the creative ideas that come from your wizard brain, instead of staying stuck from your lizard brain.”
“You are the thinker of your thoughts, and you have the ability to create the kind of life that you want to live with your dogs with the power of your brain.”
LOVE TO LEARN MORE?
Become a calm and confident Dog Mom with a cooperative, happy dog … without obedience training, relying on treats or arousing games, or corrections of any type.
Here are some next steps:
- GET STARTED – Work with Kathy:
- SUBSCRIBE to Kathy’s YouTube Channel:
- LISTEN or READ Kathy’s Podcast and Blog on her Website:
- LET’S CONNECT on the socials for more partnership tips:
- LISTEN TO PODCASTS:
Subscribe to the Enlightened By Dogs podcast in your favorite app! Don’t forget to leave us a rating and review – it would make Kathy very happy!
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts | Listen on Spotify