In this heartfelt episode, Kathy leads us in a discussion about how we relate to our dogs, especially when it comes to their behavior. “Our role as dog moms is to raise our dogs as intelligent beings with complex emotional needs… instead of needing to police, control, and shape them to be obedient.” This perspective shift can bring about real change in our relationships with our dogs. Dogs are socially intelligent, sentient beings who thrive with connection and understanding.
How many times do we jump to conclusions, thinking that our dogs are refusing to listen or choosing to be difficult? This week’s podcast episode invites us to see our dogs in a new light – as beings HAVING a hard time, NOT giving us a hard time. It’s all about creating “a life of compassion, connection, and cooperation with our dogs. And everyone else in our life too!”
Tune in and explore how we can be more forgiving and understanding, not just towards our dogs but also towards ourselves.
- Shift in Perspective: Viewing our dogs not as beings giving us a hard time but as beings having a hard time can revolutionize our approach to dog parenting, fostering a compassionate and understanding relationship.
- Pause-Breathe-Connect Approach: Before reacting to undesired behaviors, pausing to breathe and connect puts us in a better emotional place, enabling a calm and considered response to our dogs’ actions.
- Trust and Respect: Building a relationship based on trust and respect rather than control and obedience allows for a more harmonious and cooperative bond between dogs and their parents.
“When we see our dog as HAVING a hard time, NOT giving us a hard time… we create a life of compassion, connection, and cooperation with our dogs. And everyone else in our life too!”
“Our role as dog moms is to raise our dogs as intelligent beings with complex emotional needs… instead of needing to police, control, and shape them to be obedient.”
“We are all doing the best we can…as we are learning, growing, and becoming. You ARE a good dog mom, and a brilliant human being, even when you sometimes do something you wish you hadn’t.”
LOVE TO LEARN MORE?
Become a calm and confident Dog Mom with a cooperative, happy dog … without obedience training, relying on treats or arousing games, or corrections of any type.
Here are some next steps:
- GET STARTED – Work with Kathy:
- SUBSCRIBE to Kathy’s YouTube Channel:
- LISTEN or READ Kathy’s Podcast and Blog on her Website:
- LET’S CONNECT on the socials for more partnership tips:
- LISTEN TO PODCASTS:
Subscribe to the Enlightened By Dogs podcast in your favorite app! Don’t forget to leave us a rating and review – it would make Kathy very happy!
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts | Listen on Spotify