Ever caught your dog looking into your eyes and felt they were trying to tell you something, but couldn’t quite grasp their message? You try to listen, but deep down you continue to wonder what your dog is really trying to say.
Whether it’s a simple need or a crucial warning, our four-legged friends communicate using body language, vocalizations, and various behaviors. While they can’t ‘speak human,’ we often don’t ‘speak dog’ – creating misunderstandings that can lead to frustrations, meltdowns, over-arousal and other escalations that happen when there is a communication gap.
In this episode, we dive into understanding these subtle “dog whispers” that are often overlooked. We’ll uncover the importance of recognizing and honoring these signs to nurture a relationship based on trust and connection. From decoding ‘bad behaviors’ to recognizing early signs of discomfort, we’ll discuss ways to strengthen your bond with your furry friend.
Join us as we help you step into your dog’s paws and see the world through their eyes, revealing the importance of trust and safety in your relationship.
- What might seem like ‘bad behavior’ from dogs can actually be their way of communicating discomfort or stress.
- Listening and paying attention to early signs or ‘whispers’ from your dog can prevent ‘big emotional behaviors’ down the road.
- Prioritizing trust and understanding by listening to your dog’s whispers leads to a harmonious relationship.
“When your dog tries to tell you something with their behavior that you don’t understand, it can be so frustrating. Not just for you, but for your dog too!”
“Whispers from dogs start small and they can be tricky to catch if you don’t know what you’re looking for.”
“Your dog does NOT want to be “bad.” Their ‘difficult’ behavior is your dog’s way of communicating that they are stressed. Once you realize this, it’s going to make a huge difference.”
“Understanding that your dog feels uncomfortable, or frustrated, or anxious, or triggered with certain things is ALL you need to know to turn things around.”
“All good relationships are based on trust. It starts with listening to your dog’s whispers, honoring those whispered communications … and being intentional with how you respond and the choices you make.”
LOVE TO LEARN MORE?
Become a calm and confident Dog Mom with a cooperative, happy dog … without obedience training, relying on treats or arousing games, or corrections of any type.
Here are some next steps:
- GET STARTED – Work with Kathy:
- SUBSCRIBE to Kathy’s YouTube Channel:
- LISTEN or READ Kathy’s Podcast and Blog on her Website:
- LET’S CONNECT on the socials for more partnership tips:
- LISTEN TO PODCASTS:
Subscribe to the Enlightened By Dogs podcast in your favorite app! Don’t forget to leave us a rating and review – it would make Kathy very happy!
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts | Listen on Spotify