As we step into the festive season, we often find ourselves swept up in the whirlwind of holiday preparations. However, amidst the glittering lights and cheerful melodies, our sensitive dogs can sense our stress along with the change in their environment, sometimes reflecting it in their own behavior. This season, Kathy invites you to create a holiday ‘green zone’ – a sanctuary of calm and connection for both you and your beloved dogs.
Creating this green zone starts with us, the devoted dog moms. When we acknowledge our own stress and take steps to manage it, we pave the way for a happier holiday experience for our furry family members. Remember, our dogs are incredibly attuned to our emotions. If we’re frazzled, they feel it too. By taking a few simple steps to keep ourselves regulated, we help them stay balanced and calm.
- Less is more: our dogs don’t need a picture-perfect holiday; they need a happy, connected, and stress-free family.
- Sensory overload makes dogs hyperactive, barky, anxious or easily triggered, so keep holiday decorating simple this year.
- Set up a cozy hideaway for your dog away from the action. It’s their safe retreat for a peaceful escape during holiday gatherings.
LOVE TO LEARN MORE?
Become a calm and confident Dog Mom with a cooperative, happy dog … without obedience training, relying on treats or arousing games, or corrections of any type.
Here are some next steps:
- GET STARTED – Work with Kathy:
- SUBSCRIBE to Kathy’s YouTube Channel:
- LISTEN or READ Kathy’s Podcast and Blog on her Website:
- LET’S CONNECT on the socials for more partnership tips:
- LISTEN TO PODCASTS:
Subscribe to the Enlightened By Dogs podcast in your favorite app! Don’t forget to leave us a rating and review – it would make Kathy very happy!
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts | Listen on Spotify